We have a few eligibility criteria; please review them carefully before applying. If you then have questions, email email@example.com. For more information about the stipend and other benefits, see Benefits of a Fellowship.
U.S. applicants for a JSK Fellowship ideally have at least seven years of full-time professional experience; international applicants ideally have at least five years. But we also consider less experienced applicants with outstanding achievements.
No college degree is required.
We consider applicants who fall into one or more of these categories:
- Journalists employed by a news organization or journalism freelancers
- Journalism entrepreneurs and innovators
- Journalism business and management executives
- Journalists – Those who write or edit news, commentary, or editorials; critics and reviewers, photojournalists, video journalists, designers, multimedia journalists, editorial cartoonists and supervising editors, anchors, and producers. They may be working for newspapers, wire services, television or radio news departments, web sites, magazines that cover news, commentary or public affairs, news-related startups, or as freelance or independent journalists.
- Journalism entrepreneurs and innovators – Those whose work or ideas have the potential for great journalistic impact. This group includes consultants.
- Journalism business and management executives – Those whose work influences editorial quality, such as publishers, general managers, and station managers.
- We do not accept applications from people working in public information or public relations jobs, for trade and house newsletters or magazines, for government agencies, or in teaching jobs.