Each year, up to 20 journalists from all over the world come together as JSK Fellows for 10 months of learning, collaborating, creating and fun. We enthusiastically include families in fellowship life.
To help fellows get the most out of their year, we provide several financial benefits, including a stipend of $75,000. In addition to this stipend, for fellows with young children we provide a child care supplement of $15,000 to $40,000, based on the number of children who come to Stanford for the year. Separately, we cover the cost of Stanford tuition and Stanford health care for fellows and their families, ranging from about $20,000 to $28,000.
The total financial support to fellows ranges from $95,000 to $143,000.
Other benefits of a JSK Fellowship:
- Access to some of the world’s most innovative thinkers and organizations, from technology giants to hot new startups to Stanford’s 100-plus special institutes and centers.
- Opportunities to join classes taught by top-notch Stanford professors and instructors in a wide range of specialties. It is not uncommon for classes to be taught by people who also are working in the private sector.
- A rich intellectual and cultural campus life, including live theater, music and dance performances and special lectures and events.
- Fellowship social events where everyone can get to know one another. A number of these events also are open to fellows’ children.
- Spouses and partners are eligible to take classes and attend fellowship seminars just as the fellows do. Fellows’ children can attend excellent Palo Alto-area schools and are included in some special fellowship social activities.
- Exposure to the incredible diversity of world views, experiences and cultural traditions that about 20 fellows from all over the world bring to the program.
- New friendships, professional connections and entrepreneurial skills that will continue beyond your 10 months with us.