We provide JSK Fellows with several financial benefits, including a stipend of $75,000. In addition to this stipend, we provide a supplement of $15,000 to $40,000 for fellows with children. We also cover the cost of Stanford tuition. We pay for Stanford health care for fellows, spouses and children, which ranges from $20,000 to $30,000 per family. The total financial support to fellows ranges from $95,000 to $145,000. We also help fellows find housing.
Other benefits of a JSK Fellowship:
- Access to some of the world’s most innovative thinkers and organizations, from technology giants to hot new startups to Stanford’s 100-plus special institutes and centers.
- Opportunities to join classes taught by top Stanford professors and instructors in a wide range of specialties. It is common for classes to be taught by people who also work in the vanguard of their fields in the private sector.
- A rich intellectual and cultural campus life, including live theater, music and dance performances and special lectures and events.
- Fellowship social events where everyone can get to know one another.
- Spouses and partners are eligible to take some classes and attend many fellowship seminars. Fellows’ children attend excellent Palo Alto-area schools and are included in some fellowship social activities.
- Exposure to the incredible diversity of world views, experiences and cultural traditions that fellows from all over the world bring to the program.
- New friendships, professional connections and entrepreneurial skills that will continue beyond the 10 months fellows spend at Stanford.